Students who are registered in on-campus classes, co-op or practicum placements that are a minimum of three credits will continue to be eligible for a U-Pass BC and will be charged the U-Pass BC fee. This means that the majority of students, who are taking online classes only, will not be eligible for a U-Pass BC and will not be charged.
PLEASE NOTE – TransLink’s U-Pass BC website remains unavailable.
Eligible students who used their U-Pass BC in February 2021 will automatically receive a U-Pass BC for March 2021. If you are a new student or have an issue please call Compass at 604-398-2042.
For validation purposes you will need to provide your full Compass Card, Student ID and the name of the School you attend.
Please be sure to have your Compass Card and Student ID numbers ready.
Loading your U-Pass BC: Infographic instructions
Translink has provided an infographic showing the steps to load your U-Pass BC on Compass Card, including information on where to get a Compass Card.
For information on the U-Pass BC Program and Compass Card go to the 'Frequently Asked Questions' linked from this page.
- Get your student ID card if you don't already have one. You must travel on transit with your Douglas Student ID card and U-Pass BC on Compass Card. Important, your U-Pass BC on Compass Card is not transferable.
- Go to the Translink student website, choose Douglas College from the drop-down list, and log in with your College Network Access (the same as what you use for the College computers and WiFi - your student ID number and password).
- If you have U-Pass BC Program questions, contact email@example.com or 604-527-5770.
- Link your Compass Card.
- View your eligibility and request your U-Pass BC. Please note: Your fees must be paid in full OR you must have submitted a fee deferral before your eligibility is given to Translink.
- Sign up for monthly Notifications from Translink to remind you to load the next months U-Pass BC.
- Allow up to 24 hours for your U-Pass BC to load.
- Start tapping in and out with your U-Pass BC on Compass Card on transit!
If you are having problems logging in, try resetting your password or contact the CEIT Service Desk at 604-527-5330.