Student Life is proud to work with students every semester in a variety of capacities. Student assistants help us create and execute our programming.
You can find all of the opportunities available for students on the Douglas College Careers page in the Student Assistant area. There are jobs in many different departments of the College so take a look!
Assist with the Student Wellness Awareness Network (S.W.A.N.) and support health and wellness initiatives on campus.
Work term: September 7, 2021 to December 18, 2021
Hours: Maximum 20 hours/week
- Attend mandatory training sessions, weekly check-in meetings, assist with wellness workshops, and Student Wellness Awareness Network (S.W.A.N.) meetings.
- Provide S.W.A.N. program planning, events, and student leadership support.
- Assist the Wellness Coordinator in the design and development of health promotion materials.
- Assist with student health and wellness-related programming on campus.
The successful candidate:
- Has a passion for wellness and/or living a healthy lifestyle.
- Has an open mind and respect for cultures, practices, and sexual orientations different from your own.
- Has excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Is committed to justice, equity, and inclusion; and is culturally sensitive to the unique challenges of diverse student groups.
- Has experience working in the field of health and wellness (desired).
- Has leadership experience and/or experience in event planning (desired).
- Has experience with leading meetings and/or group facilitation skills (desired).
The application deadlines is Sept. 3, 2021 at 5:00pm. Please make sure you submit your complete application before the closing date/time. An up-to-date resumé and cover letter are required to apply for this position.
Applicants must have consistent access to Wi-Fi and a computer.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Bring your passion and flare for innovative storytelling to life while working on the social media platforms and overall communication strategy of our events and programs.
Job description TBA.
Create the plans and implement one of the most exciting events on campus!
Application period closed for Fall 2021.
Help plan and execute our New Student Orientation programming.
Application period closed for 2021.