These awards recognize student leaders who exemplify outstanding leadership characteristics, not only demonstrating commitment to their academic pursuits, but also a strong commitment to the Douglas College community.
These are monetary awards that are dependent on the number of winners per year. In the past the award amount has ranged from $650 to $1,000 per student.
- Has held at least one significant leadership position on campus or off campus.
- Has made a significant impact to the Douglas College student experience through any of the following: student groups, campus events/programs, community and civic initiatives.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to mentor fellow students.
- Over their time at Douglas College, each Leader of the Year recipient has dedicated significant amounts of effort and energy towards bettering the student experience through involvement in campus and community activities.
- Have been enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits, within any program or Faculty, during the previous Fall semester or most recent Winter semester. Students recognized by Accessibility Services with modified course requirements may be considered with a minimum of 6 credits.
- Has a minimum 3.0 College grade point average.