YOUR CANADIAN CAREER STARTS HERE.
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants - Health is for newcomers living in any British Columbia community with training and skills as a Nurse (RN/LPN/RPN), Physician (General Practitioner or Specialist), Sonographer or Health Care Assistant (HCA). Working one-to-one with knowledgeable career coaches, you will gain valuable resources needed to launch your career in Canada’s health care system.
The program is free for internationally trained healthcare professionals who:
- Are committed to pursuing licensure in the same field as their pre-landing experience
- Have 3 years of international work experience* as a Certified Nurse (RN/LPN/RPN), Physician (General Practitioner or Specialist), Sonographer or Health Care Assistant.
*Applicants 19 - 30 years of age or under, may apply with 1 year of international work experience in their regulated profession
Note: Newcomers with a background in occupations other than the ones listed above should proceed to Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Tri-Cities or Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Education & Social Services
To apply you must:
- Meet the following English language requirements:
- Be a Permanent Resident (5 years or less) currently living in British Columbia
- Not received Employment Insurance (EI) within the last 5 years, and not currently receiving BC Employment Assistance (BCEA)
- Be motivated to conduct an active job search for employment in a health related area
- Applicants must have started the process towards upgrading or certification to practice in Canada.
UPCOMING INFO SESSIONS
Join us for a virtual information session to learn more about starting their healthcare career in BC!
Care Aide Registration for IEHPs – September 16th – 5-6 PM
Registered Nursing for IENs – October 14th – 5-6 PM
Care Aide Registration for IEHPs: December 16th – 5-6 PM
Registered Nursing for IENS – January 20th – 5-6 PM
Care Aide Registration for IEHPs – February 17th – 5-6 PM
Registered Nursing for IENs – March 17th – 5-6 PM