Launch a Career Pathway that Ignites Your Passion!
WHAT is the Program?
IN Demand is an Employment Skills program to provide Skills Training and related supports to Persons with Disabilities.
Be the employment applicant IN Demand by identifying the skills and certifications to get noticed and hired by local employers. Be supported to have your skills and certifications stand out in today's competitive labour market.
This supportive and systematic approach to achieving further education, certification, and employment readiness skills leading to Sustainable Employment is designed to be a “tailored fit” to meet their needs and overcome employment barriers of Persons with Disabilities.
This 12-week program:
- Career Exploration, Decision Making, and Planning
- Disability disclosure and individual workplace accommodation planning
- Skill Development for Success in Education and/or Work
- Digital Skills and Microsoft Office Training, Short term industry certification, including- not limited to Workplace diversity certification, customer service training
- Job Search Strategies, Connection to Employers, Jobs and Work Experience
- Assistance with funding proposals and training packages for post-secondary pursuant
- Program Financial supports ( job starts and wage subsidy supports)
WHO is it for?
- Identify as a Person with a Disability; and
- Unemployed or Precariously employed (part-time, casual, seasonal);
- BC residents & Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents or Protected Persons eligible to work.
WHEN? Spring 2021, Summer 2021 & Winter 2022
HOW? Begin your journey online, through Black Board Collaborate with live virtual instruction