Want to be your own boss?
Let Entrepreneur Works support you to launch your business!
The Entrepreneur Works Program supports young entrepreneurs to start a business and develop their management skills. Participants receive business plan, management, leadership, essential and soft skills training. Participants will enhance their creative and critical thinking skills by applying them to real-life, problem-solving activities associated with operating a business during COVID-19. Ongoing guidance and coaching are provided by experienced entrepreneurs and Business Advisors throughout the business launch.
WHAT is the Program?
22 weeks of Self-Employment training and support that includes:
- Weeks 1-2: Skill development for success in learning and work;
- Weeks 3-8: Entrepreneurial skills, business coaching, business plan development, and mentorship;
- Weeks 10 -22: Individual coaching for business launch and implementation and/or job placement support.
As a participant in our program, you'll have access to some financial help for start-up equipment & additional training. Additionally, there are also 2 cash payments available for hitting milestones that you can re-invest into your business or apply to your training plan:
- $200 for completion of your business plan or training plan
- $300 for 3 consecutive months of self-employment, employment, or additional education.
WHO is it for?
- Are ages 15 to 29 who want to become Entrepreneurs; and
- Unemployed or Precariously employed (part-time, casual, seasonal); and
- BC residents & Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents or Protected Persons eligible to work.
HOW? Delivered in-person & Online Coquitlam Campus