Study in Italy over the Summer semester!
Earn nine university-transferable Douglas College credits in only seven weeks:
- ENGL 1102: Reading Literature and Culture – Faculty Noelle Phillips
- MATH 1234: Mathematics for Liberal Arts – Faculty Wesley Snider
- PHIL 2245: Philosophy of Art – Faculty Darcy Cutler
Study four weeks here and then two weeks based in Florence, the birthplace of the Renaissance, with excursions to Pisa, Padua and Venice. Spend the final week on the island of Elba!
See what an experience the 2018 program was for one of the students!
Join our contact list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on when the next Italy Field School will be offered and other updates.
- $3,950 for the 2020 program based on 17 students going
- $100 off for early-bird applicants
- Payment due on the same dates as tuition fee payment
- all accommodations (shared)
- food allowance
- admission and most transportation to all program related sites and excursions
- tour guide; and admission to Pisa Cathedral, the Tower of Pisa (the leaning one!), and the Baptistery for the Pisa excursion
- shared hotel accommodation, breakfast, and admission to the Palazzo Bo, and the Scrovegni Chapel in Padua
- Douglas College tuition and other student fees
- passport and/or visa application if necessary
- fares travelling from Vancouver to Florence and back
- mandatory travel medical insurance
- airport transfers
- tram fare for going to and return from Elba (approximately $2.25 each way)
- personal spending
*The Program Fee amount and its inclusions are subject to change.
- Application is currently closed. Get updates by emailing email@example.com.
- A deposit of $500 is required at the time of application submission.
- Students from other Canadian post-secondary institutions are welcome to apply. Admission to Douglas College would also be required. Click here for information on how to apply.
- Students will be registered in the Field School's courses by Enrolment Services during the registration period for the Summer semester.
- Visit here to see for how long your passport needs to be valid.
- Visit here to see if you need to apply for a visa.
- Visitors, whether they needed a visa or not, may be asked by border authorities at the point of entry to show any/all of the same documents required for a visa application:
- a return ticket or booking, or proof of transport when exiting the country
- proof of sufficient funds to cover the cost of their stay
- documentation showing social/professional status
- proof of health insurance covering a minimum of €30,000 for emergency hospitalization and repatriation expenses valid throughout the Schengen area
- proof of accommodation for the duration of their stay
- All students attending the Field School will be given a dean-issued endorsement letter prior to departure.
International Programs Awards/Scholarships
Douglas College students may be eligible for a $750 to $2,500 award/scholarship!
- maintaining a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA
- maintaining full-time student status for a scholarship
- completion of at least nine academic credits in the 12 months prior to departure for an award
Application components include:
- a Statement of Interest
- an up-to-date unofficial transcript
- two references: one academic, one non-academic
- description of campus/community involvement activities such as volunteering, work, etc.
U-Pass BC Program
Students registered in Field School courses will be opted out of the U-Pass BC Program for the semester when their Field School takes place.