BC/Canada Student Loans

If you are studying abroad in a for-credit program (eg. field schools, exchanges, semester abroad, and some work and learn programs) you may be eligible to apply for BC/Canada student loans to help cover your tuition costs.

Talk with the Financial Aid Office about this option as soon as you decide to participate in a study abroad program to discuss eligibility, application procedures, and timelines.

Note:To be eligible for StudentAid BC, you must attend a post-secondary school designated for StudentAid BC funding.  To check if your institution abroad is listed, visit StudentAid BC.

If your selected institution is not listed, you can apply to have it designated.  This process can take several months so please check this list early in your planning and, if needed, start the application for designation as soon as possible.