Get hands-on, real-world experience through the Student Teams Exploring Pervasive Urban Problems (STEP UP) project. Through STEP UP, you’ll practice teamwork skills and apply the knowledge you gain in class as you explore the unique challenges of urban environments. You’ll hit the streets and gather data about problems such as traffic congestion, homelessness and crime, and then present your findings to city councils, business organizations and community groups, or publish them in papers, proposals and recommendations.
The STEP UP project has been incorporated into the curriculum of the following courses. Register for the course(s) to participate.
Humanities and Social Sciences
- CRIM 3385 – Community Crime Prevention – Fall 2018
- GEOG 1130 – Human Impact on the Environment – Fall 2018
- GEOG 1150 – Geographies of Metro Vancouver – Available in future semesters
- GEOG 2311 – Urban Environmental Sustainability – Available in future semesters
- HIST 1105 – Global Issues in Historical Perspective – Available in future semesters
- PSYC 2207 – Introduction to Educational Psychology – Fall 2018
Language, Literature and Performing Arts
Designated sections of ENGL 1130 Academic Writing
- 033 (CRN 34575), T/TH 10:30-12:20 (New West)
- 034 (CRN 34721), T/TH 12:30-1:20 (New West)
- 027 (CRN 33498), F 8:30-11:20 (New West)
- 028 (CRN 33503), F 8:30-11:20 (New West)
- 029 (CRN 34068), F 12:30-15:20 (New West)
- 030 (CRN 34554), F 12:30-15:20 (New West)
- GSWS 2101 – Gender Today – Fall 2018
How do I register?
STEP UP participating courses are all open enrollment. Register for any of the above courses through myAccount during your assigned registration period.
For more information about the STEP UP project, contact the individual course instructors.