The Foundation for Music Therapy Studies Program is designed to give students the academic and applied skills that they need for further study toward a Bachelor of Music Therapy degree. Music courses are drawn primarily from the Music Diploma program and the higher level of the Basic Musicianship program.
Two new credit courses, Popular Guitar and Voice Basics I & II, will launch as a part of this program, beginning Fall 2017.
What does it offer?
- Two years (four full-time semesters); 60 credits
- Credential awarded: diploma in performing arts – foundation for music therapy studies
- Meets the pre-requisite course requirements for 3rd year entry into Capilano University’s Bachelor of Music Therapy Program
- Provides applied musical training on piano, guitar and voice, as the foundation for further study
Who is it for?
- Students who are musical and enjoy working with people
- Students who are interested in using their creativity and talent to help others
Applications are now open, and will be accepted until the program is full. In order to be considered for admission, students must complete all general and program-specific admission criteria. Candidates will be selected for admission on a first-qualified, first-admitted basis.