Audio engineering and music production program
Get the hands-on, project-based training you need in audio engineering, music production, game audio and live sound, all for less than $5000 a year. Located in Metro Vancouver, the Music Technology program at Douglas offers a 2-year Diploma program with courses covering MIDI, sequencing and synthesis, audio recording, music for film, music scoring, studio setup and maintenance, live audio engineering, career development and music ensembles.
You'll learn from working industry professionals, and will have access to three recording studios and a Mac lab, all featuring current, relevant equipment, as well as a 300-seat performing arts theatre.
Once you graduate, you'll be ready to start your career in sound engineering, music software, audio engineering and music production, working in industries including film, TV, gaming, advertising and multimedia.
- Igor Efimov - MTD Coordinator, Live Sound, Audio Setup and Maintenance
- Kayvon Sarfehjooy - Audio Recording, Mixing, Mastering, & Music Production
- Ian Putz - Professional Film Scoring, Sequencing & Synthesis
- Adam Fulton - Music for Interactive Media
- Hazel Fairbairn - Music Business & Intro to Music Technology
- Robert Caldwell - Fusion Band & Percussion Ensemble
- Doug Smith - Music Theory
- Vince Mai - Music Composition for Film & Video