The Certificate in Medication Administration for Health Care Assistants in Assisted Living is designed for new Health Care Assistants, or those who want to refresh their medication administration skills. Through this two-course certificate program, you will have an opportunity to review medication administration theory, and to practice the skills in a lab setting. Successful completion of the full program prepares you to safely administer medications in the Assisted Living setting under the supervision of a nurse.
Tuition and further course information can be found on the individual course pages linked below.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program graduates will be equipped to:
- understand the role of the HCA in the Assisted Living setting;
- understand the fundamentals of medications and their administration; and
- demonstrate their ability to safely administer medications in the Assisted Living setting.
Admission requirements include:
- Proof of completion of English 12 with a minimum grade of “C” or proof of equivalent as outlined in detail here: https://www.douglascollege.ca/programs-courses/general-information/admissions;
- Proof of registration with the BC Care Aide Registry
To apply, please email email@example.com for more information.
You have two months from your start date to complete the theory course; successful completion makes you eligible to register in the next available lab session.
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, you will be awarded a Douglas College Continuing Education program certificate.
For more information on the program, please contact the Program Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 777-6405. To apply, please email the Program Assistant.