Science & Technology
Ma & Sci Teach Post Bac Dipl
Date of First Offering
Graduate Diploma in Mathematics and Science Teaching
Length of Program
To enrol in the Graduate Diploma in Mathematics and Science Teaching, candidates must meet the following prerequisite conditions:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Hold a Professional Teaching certificate from the BC Teachers' Council or be eligible to obtain such certification.
And must submit:
- A current curriculum vitae.
- One letter of reference, which should speak to the applicant’s ability to undertake advanced work in education. Examples of suitable references include a school or district administrator, district resource person or colleague who has done related post-degree work.
- A letter of intent that outlines:
- long and short-term career goals
- education background
- motivations for applying to the Mathematics and Science Teaching Graduate Diploma Program
- a description of current and short-term future teaching contexts that demonstrate access to teaching mathematics and/or science to students during the program.
Year 1 - Foundation and Content
|MSTE 5110||Teaching Biology and Earth Science||
|MSTE 5120||Teaching Chemistry and Physics||
|MSTE 5130||Teaching Mathematics||
Year 2 - Diversification and Application
|MSTE 5210||Mathematics and Science in Popular Culture||5|
|MSTE 5220||Contemporary Issues in Mathematics and Science Teaching||5|
|MSTE 5230||Engaging Students in Mathematics||5|