Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
- Successful completion of 30 credits.
- A minimum grade of "C" for each course which is a pre-requisite to further courses is required (indicated by **)
- 70% (21 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College. Up to a maximum of nine credits used towards a previously received credential can be used to meet program requirements, but additional courses will need to be taken to replace these credits. Please contact the program coordinator for approval of substitutions.
- A minimum average grade of C+ or 2.33 GPA in the program is required to graduate.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|ACCT 3008**||Financial and Managerial Accounting for Managers (ACCT 1210 or ACCT 1235 or an approved substitute, are acceptable alternates)||3.00|
|FINC 2340**||Corporate Finance||3.00|
|FINC 2300**||Personal Finance I||3.00|
|FINC 3390**||Security Analysis||3.00|
|ACCT 3370||Income Tax I||3,00|
|BUSN 3730||Law for Finance and Accounting Professionals||3.00|
|FINC 3300||Personal Finance II||3.00|
|MARK 3500||Financial Services Marketing||3.00|
|Elective*||Upper level (3000/4000) CBA course||3.00|
|Select one course from the following two options:|
|FINC 4340 OR||Investment Management Techniques||3.00|
|FINC 4360||Portfolio Management Techniques||3.00|
* FINC 4370 may be taken as a student's upper level elective. This course qualifies students to write the Level 2 CFP exam.
Students taking the CFP Core Curriculum courses below qualify to challenge the Level 1 Certified Financial Planning exam.