Commerce & Business Administration
Accounting Post-Degree Diploma
Date of First Offering
Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting
Length of Program
Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
- Applicants must have the following courses (or equivalent):
- ACCT 1235 Principles of Accounting I and II; or ACCT 1110 and ACCT 1210
- ACCT 2320 Introductory Management Accounting
- ECON 1150 Principles of Micro Economics
- ECON 1250 Principles of Macro Economics
- BUSN 1320 Introductory Business Law
- BUSN 2429 Business Statistics I or MATH 1160
- BUSN 3431 Business Statistics II
- FINC 2340 Fundamentals of Financial Management (with a minimum grade of C)
- CSIS 2200 Systems Analysis and Design
- BUSN 4275 Business Strategy and Competitive Analysis
Applicants who do not have all the required prerequisite courses should enroll in the Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting Studies program.
- Successful completion of 30 credits
- 50% (15 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- 15 credits out of the 27 required upper level credits must be completed at Douglas College.
- * For these courses a "C+" overall average is required for graduation with a minimum grade of "C" for each individual course.
- ** 1000-2000 level electives must be university transferable (courses that transfer to one of the 5 Research Universities - SFU, UBC, UBCO, UNBC or UVIC) according to the BC Transfer Guide.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|ACCT 3310*||Intermediate Accounting I*||3.00|
|ACCT 3410*||Intermediate Accounting II*||3.00|
|ACCT 3420*||Intermediate Management Accounting*||3.00|
|ACCT 3370*||Income Tax I*||3.00|
|ACCT 3470*||Income Tax II*||3.00|
|ACCT 4510*||Advanced Financial Accounting*||3.00|
|ACCT 4520*||Advanced Management Accounting*||3.00|
|ACCT 4850||Accounting Theory||3.00|
|Elective**||Open elective at the 1000-4000 level**||3.00|