Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
This program is intended for students with degrees in areas other than Business. Applicants whose undergraduate degree is in business administration should also look at the Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting program to determine if this is a more suitable program for you.
- Successful completion of 60 credits
- Courses used towards a previously received credential can be used to meet program requirements, but additional courses will need to be taken to replace these credits. Please contact the program co-ordinator for approval of substitutions.
- 50% (30 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- 18 credits out of 33 upper level credits must be completed at Douglas College
- A minimum program GPA of 2.00 is required
- Students can also take this program with a cooperative education option
Additional Graduation Requirements with Cooperative Education Option
- Successful completion of 9 additional credits through Cooperative Education I (COOP 1100).
- Students completing the Cooperative Education option will graduate with 69 credits.
- 50% (34.5 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|ACCT 11102||Principles of Accounting I||3.00|
|ACCT 12102||Principles of Accounting II||3.00|
|ACCT 2320||Introductory Management Accounting||3.00|
|ACCT 33101||Intermediate Accounting I||3.00|
|ACCT 34101||Intermediate Accounting II||3.00|
|ACCT 34201||Intermediate Management Accounting||3.00|
|ACCT 33701||Income Tax I||3.00|
|ACCT 34701||Income Tax II||3.00|
|ACCT 3880||Data Analytics for Managers||3.00|
|ACCT 45101||Advanced Financial Accounting||3.00|
|ACCT 45201||Advanced Management Accounting||3.00|
|BLAW 1320||Introductory Business Law||3.00|
|BUSN 3431||Business Statistics II||3.00|
|BUSN 42751||Business Strategy and Competitive Analysis||3.00|
|CSIS 2200||Systems Analysis and Design||3.00|
|ECON 1150||Principles of Micro Economics||3.00|
|ECON 1250||Principles of Macro Economics||3.00|
|FINC 23401||Corporate Finance||3.00|
|Select one course from the following two options:|
|BUSN 2429||Business Statistics I||3.00|
|MATH 1160||Introduction to Statistics||3.00|
|Cooperative Education Option|
|COOP 11003||Cooperative Education I||9.00|
|Total Credits wtih Cooperative Education Option||69.00|
1 For these courses a "C+" overall average is required for graduation with a minimum grade of "C" for each individual course.
2 Students who took ACCT 1235 instead of ACCT 1110 and ACCT 1210 must take another 1000 - 4000 level elective from the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration. 1000-2000 level electives must be university transferable (courses that transfer to one of the 5 Research Universities - SFU, UBCV, UBC-O, UNBC or UVIC) according to the BC Transfer Guide.
3The co-op work term is a minimum of 420 hours of work and must be taken through Douglas College's Co-op program. The timing of the work term is restricted to the following:
- Can be undertaken only after completion of a minimum of two semesters, 18 credits
- Cannot be taken in the last semester of the program