Applicants must meet the admission requirements listed below:
- General College Admission Requirements
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada or an equivalent credential from an approved institution of a different country. Any applicant who earned their credential in a language other than English must meet the Douglas College English language proficiency requirement.
This program is intended for students with degrees in areas other than Business. Applicants whose undergraduate degree is in business administration should also look at the Post-Degree Diploma in Accounting program to determine if this is a more suitable program for you.
- Successful completion of 60 credits
- Courses used towards a previously received credential can be used to meet program requirements, but additional courses will need to be taken to replace these credits. Please contact the program co-ordinator for approval of substitutions.
- 50% (30 credits) of all coursework must be completed at Douglas College
- 18 credits out of 33 upper level credits must be completed at Douglas College
A minimum program GPA of 2.00 is required
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|ACCT 1110**||Principles of Accounting I||3.00|
|ACCT 1210**||Principles of Accounting II||3.00|
|ACCT 2320||Introductory Management Accounting||3.00|
|ACCT 3310*||Intermediate Accounting I||3.00|
|ACCT 3410*||Intermediate Accounting II||3.00|
|ACCT 3420*||Intermediate Management Accounting||3.00|
|ACCT 3370*||Income Tax I||3.00|
|ACCT 3470*||Income Tax II||3.00|
|ACCT 4510*||Advanced Financial Accounting||3.00|
|ACCT 4520*||Advanced Management Accounting||3.00|
|ACCT 4850||Accounting Theory (Capstone)||3.00|
|BUSN 1005***||Business Law Fundamentals for Accountants||3.00|
|BUSN 3431||Business Statistics II||3.00|
|BUSN 4275*||Business Strategy and Competitive Analysis||3.00|
|CSIS 2200||Systems Analysis and Design||3.00|
|ECON 1150||Principles of Micro Economics||3.00|
|ECON 1250||Principles of Macro Economics||3.00|
|FINC 2340*||Fundamentals of Financial Management||3.00|
|Select one course from the following two options:|
|BUSN 2429||Business Statistics I||3.00|
|MATH 1160||Introduction to Statistics||3.00|
* For these courses a "C+" overall average is required for graduation with a minimum grade of "C" for each individual course.
** Students who took ACCT 1235 instead of ACCT 1110 and ACCT 1210 must take another 1000 - 4000 level elective from the Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration. 1000-2000 level electives must be university transferable (courses that transfer to one of the 5 Research Universities - SFU, UBC, UBC-O, UNBC or UVIC) according to the BC Transfer Guide.
ii) For students who take ACCT 1110 and ACCT 1210, BUSN 3720 must be taken in addition to the other required courses. This means that students will take a minimum of twenty-one courses to earn their Accounting PBD.