Commerce & Business Administration
Medical Office Asst - Citation
Date of First Offering
Certificate in Office Administration - Medical Office Assistant Online
Length of Program
- General College Admission Requirements (excluding Language Proficiency Requirement)
- An attestation form, certifying that you can satisfy the following requirements:
- at least one year of recent office experience
- good working knowledge of an up-to-date word processing program such as WordPerfect or MS Word
- good working knowledge of an up-to-date web browser such as MS Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- Keyboarding speed of 50 net words per minute on a five-minute timing
- English 11 with a grade of "C" or better or one of the following equivalents:
- EN 12 "P"
- EN LIT 12 "P"
- TPC 12 "P"
- COMM 12 "C+"
Effective for Summer 2017 graduation, a minimum of 50% of the required program courses must be taken at Douglas College.
|OADM 1107||Business English||3.0|
|OADM 1450||Medical Administrative Procedures||2.0|
|OADM 1451||Medical Terminology I||1.0|
|OADM 1452||Medical Terminology II||3.0|
|OADM 1453||Medical Terminology III||1.0|
|OADM 1454||Medical Billing Procedures I||1.0|
|OADM 1455||Medical Billing Procedures II||1.0|
|OADM 1456||Medical Transcription||2.0|
|OADM 1457||Clinical Procedures and Practice||2.0|
Successful completion of all courses is required with a "C-" or better for graduation.