Douglas International Regional Entrance Awards & Education Entrance Scholarships
Douglas College offers nearly $100,000 in entrance scholarships to new international students each year who have proven to be successful in their previous academic studies.
We currently have two categories of entrance scholarships available for Fall, Winter, and Summer semesters at Douglas College:
Regional Entrance Awards: $1000 - 2000
- No separate application necessary. Students will automatically be assessed upon application to Douglas College, and will be notified of this award when we send an offer of admission.
- Available to students from: CIS countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Southeast Asia and South Asia (Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal).
- To be eligible, students must have applied to Douglas College by the official semester application deadline listed below.
- Successful recipients typically have an above average GPA (B equivalent or higher) and strong English language proficiency test scores (i.e. IELTS 7.0 and above, or equivalent).
Education Entrance Scholarships: $2500
- Separate application required. Applicants must complete the entrance scholarship form (PDF) by the below deadline and email along with all supporting documents to Douglas International. To be considered, students must have already applied to Douglas College.
- Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and their engagement in their school, community and/or personal development.
- Students from all countries are eligible for these scholarships.
Education Entrance Scholarship Deadlines
|Summer (May)||January 31|
|Fall (September)||May 31|
|Winter (January)||September 30|
Continuing student awards and scholarships
In addition to entrance scholarships, Douglas College students may also qualify for continuing student awards based on their performance throughout the academic year.
Douglas College/Moriguchi City/New Westminster 30th Anniversary Scholarship (see general scholarships)
Eligible landed immigrant students taking part in a Douglas College approved study abroad program or activity may apply for the Douglas College International Studies Award and Irving K. Barber B.C. Scholarship Society scholarships. See our Study Abroad Guide for details.
Douglas International Students Performance Based Tuition Scholarship
This scholarship was created by Guangwei Ouyang, VP, International Education & Strategic Partnerships, in 2017, to support the recruitment of international student athletes to Douglas College. The purpose of the fund is to cover the difference between International and Domestic student tuition fees. A maximum of 5 eligible recipients will be chosen each academic year to receive up to $7,000 towards their tuition. The scholarships will be split equally between the Fall & Winter semester.
Coca-Cola & Stewart Graham International Volunteer Award of Distinction
The Stewart Graham Memorial International Volunteer Award of Distinction was established by an estate gift from Stewart Graham in 1997. Stewart Graham worked with the Department of Education in the 1960s and 1970s when colleges were being established and is considered one of the educational architects of Douglas College. The award supported Douglas College students who were engaged in any Douglas College approved international volunteer program. The Coca-Cola Bursary was established by Coca-Cola in 2001 to support students enrolled in any program of study at Douglas College. Coca-Cola works to refresh the world, inspire moments of optimism, create value and make a difference. The two funds were merged in 2016 and became the Coca-Cola & Stewart Graham International Volunteer Award of Distinction. The award continues to support Douglas College students in any program of study who are engaged in an international volunteer program, including unpaid service learning, practicum or internship placements.
Douglas College International Education Award of Distinction
The Douglas College International Education Award of Distinction endowment fund was created in 1995 by Douglas College International (then Douglas College Centre for International Education). The purpose of the fund is to recognize and reward international students returning to Douglas College who have demonstrated excellence over time, having completed a minimum of 24 credit hours.
Japan Canada Educational & Cultural Award of Distinction
This fund was established by contributions made by Momoyama Gakuin University (in 1986), Kyoto University of Foreign Studies (KUFS) (in 2002), Shirafuji Academy (in 1992) and the Japan Canada Educational & Cultural Exchange Foundation (JACEF) (in 2001) to support Canadian students attending Japanese educational institutions, as well as international students studying at Douglas College. In 2015, these institutions individual funds were merged to create the Japan Canada Educational & Cultural Award of Distinction. The purpose of the fund remained the same, to encourage Douglas College students to develop educational and cultural experiences in Japan, as well as to support Japanese national students studying at Douglas College.
President’s International Exchange Scholarship
The President’s International Exchange Scholarship was created in honor of Dr. Kathy Denton, President and CEO of Douglas College, in 2018, in honour of the reciprocal global education program with Kyoto University of Foreign Studies. Douglas International has committed to funding this scholarship for up to 5 years.
Dr. Yoshikazu Morita International Exchange Scholarship for Kyoto University of Foreign Studies Students
The Dr. Yoshikazu Morita International Exchange Scholarship for Kyoto University of Foreign Studies Students was created, in 2018, in honour of Dr. Yoshikazu Morita, Chancellor and Chair of the Board of Governors, Kyoto University of Foreign Studies. Douglas International has committed to funding this scholarship for up to 5 years.