Personal Information

At Douglas College a student’s personal information is used for a variety of reasons. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure all the information is up to date. 

On this page:



Personal information uses

Information Type Information use
Email Address and Phone number A student’s email address and phone number are collected and used to contact the student, and inform them of information about their studies at the College. For example, upcoming deadlines, and applications regarding their studies at Douglas College. 
Home address

A student’s home address needs to be up to date in the event the College needs to mail information or items to the student. For example, cheques, transcripts or diplomas, etc. 

SIN number The student’s SIN number is needed to issue a T2202 and/or T4A. 
Please note that the College does not ask for your SIN number at the point of registration. You will be asked to enter it in myAccount so we can issue you a T2202 and/or T4A. 

All of the above information provided is used to verify a student’s identity. If the information provided in the loan application fails to match the one provided in the information in the student’s myAccount, it can result in a delay or rejection of the loan. 

Back to top.

Legal name change

The student’s legal name will be displayed on official College documents:  

  • Official transcripts
  • Reports/Documents to government/tax forms (ie: T4A, T2202, student loan, etc)
  • Letters of attestation
  • Diplomas and certificates
  • Tuition fee invoices/or receipts
  • Cheques

The legal name on Douglas College records is the legal name as it appears on a student’s government issued documents, such as birth certificate, permanent residence card, citizenship card, or study permit, that have been provided to the College. 



If the student is wanting to correct or change their legal name on Douglas College’s official records, fill out the "Name change request form" under the forms page and contact an Enrolment Services Advisor to make sure they are providing the correct documents for the process. 

Back to top.


Preferred first name change

A preferred or chosen first name is a name that an individual commonly uses that is different from their legal name – it is what they wish to be called, not what other people prefer to call them. 

It is important to note that making a request to use a preferred first name at Douglas College does not change the legal name in the Douglas College student record or records with government authorities. 

How to change legal first name to preferred first name

If a students is wanting to change their preferred first name, contact Enrolment Services.

Documents for Students where Preferred Name is displayed


  • Student ID cards and Clinical Badges
  • Class Lists and exam rosters
  • Grade Lists/Rosters
  • Unofficial transcripts
  • Email aliases
  • Learning Management System
  • Student Portals
  • Newsletters/Communications
  • Graduation program

Back to top.


Address or Phone change 

In order to ensure Douglas College has the correct information about the students current residential area, they can update their address:

  1. Log into MyAccount using CNA username and password.
  2. Choose "Personal Information" and then "View Address and Phone".
  3. If either of the information need to be updated, choose "Update Address and Phone" under the "Personal Information" tab.

Please note: The students address must be up-to-date before any documents are mailed out to them. 

Back to top.


Sex designation change

For the purposes of institutional records and statistical analysis, sex refers to the binary sex designation provided to the College. Currently,  only two sex designation options, Male or Female, are available at Douglas College’s Student Information System. College records require one of these binary choices for statistical purposes and to comply with provincial reporting requirements. This information is not disclosed on transcripts or diplomas. 

Back to top.

personal information change form

You can find the forms to change your name, and other information under forms.