Congratulations on your achievements! The final step to your academic journey is to graduate.
You are eligible to apply for graduation once you have registered for your final program requirements.
- Determine your eligibility
- Before you apply
- How to apply
- After applying for graduation
- Your credentials
- Are registered in your final semester; and
- Will meet all the requirements for your declared program after you successfully complete the courses you are registered in.
Then you are eligible to apply for graduation.
If you are unsure about any of the above contact your Student Success Advisor (SSA).
- Ensure you are admitted into the program you wish to graduate from.
- Check myPath to ensure there are no outstanding requirements.
- Check the Program Course and Catalogue to ensure all program requirements have been completed.
- Connect with your Student Success Advisor (SSA) to confirm you meet all the requirements.
- Log in to myAccount → Personal Information and make sure your Name and Address are correct.
- If necessary, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a name change.
- Under Student Records, select 'Apply to Graduate'.
- Complete the online application form in full and submit.
- Submit any additional documents required for your program to email@example.com (e.g. first aid documents, work hours).
The Graduation Team will assess your application and approve your graduation application status if you have met your program requirements. Approval decisions should be made by mid-May for Summer graduation, and mid-January for Winter graduation. Once approved, you will receive an Email with a Program Completion Letter confirming the awarding of your credential.
Please note your Program Completion Letter will be sent to the email you have on file at Douglas College.
The name on your official student account will be the name printed on your credential. If you need to update your name, please complete the Name Change Request form under Forms.
Your credential will be awarded to you at the Graduation Ceremonies. For students not attending the Graduation Ceremonies, credentials will be ready for pick-up a week after the ceremonies conclude.
Please note, credentials will not be released if fees are owed to the College.
Plans for an in-person Winter 2022 Ceremony have not been confirmed. Please check back for more information. You can read the full notice here.
SUMMER 2021 SEMESTER
|Jun 9-Jun 10||Summer Graduation Ceremonies.|
FALL 2021 SEMESTER
|September 15||Letters of Completion will be emailed out to all International students who applied to Graduate by August 15, 2021. All graduation requirements must be met.|
|September 30||Letters of Completion will be emailed out to all Domestic students who applied to Graduate by August 15, 2021. All graduation requirements must be met.|
|Fri, Nov 26||Application deadline for Winter (February) 2022 graduation.|
WINTER 2022 SEMESTER
|Thu, Mar 31||Summer (June) 2022 graduation application deadline.|
SUMMER 2022 SEMESTER
|Tue, Jun 14 - Fri, Jun 17||Summer graduation ceremonies.|
You can apply for graduation when you have registered in your final program requirements. It is recommended that you meet with your Student Success Advisor to ensure you are on track for graduation.
Students can apply for Winter (February) graduation from July 15th to November 26th, and January 15th to March 31st for Summer (June) graduation.
1. Ensure you are in the correct Program, and that all specializations, minors, coops are declared.
2. log in to myAccount.
3. Under Student Records, select 'Apply to Graduate'.
4. Under Graduation Date, select the applicable Graduation Term.
5. Complete the online application form in full and submit it.
Any approved substitutions should be forwarded to the graduation department by your department head.
Graduation / Completion letters are automatically issued to all graduating students within 4 weeks after the exam period ends. Apply for graduation according to the application deadline to receive your letter on time. Graduation letters cannot be issued early. International students who miss the graduation application deadline must contact Douglas College International office.
The processing time for Duplicate Credential Requests is 4 weeks. Please note, Douglas College is not responsible for lost mail or delays in shipping.
Students are not able to receive credentials prior to their conferral date. You will receive your credential at your respective graduation ceremony, or after for those who do not attend.
You can update your mailing address and phone number in myAccount, under Personal Information.
If you would like to update your name, you will need to complete a Name Change Request and submit to Enrolment Services.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can address this for you.
- Check your address on MyAccount, we would have sent it to the address on le when you applied for graduation, unless you told us otherwise that the address was updated.
- Send us an email at email@example.com for your tracking number and assistance.
Due to Covid-19, all credentials will be mailed out.
You can track the progress of your application through myAccount.
1. Login to myAccount
2. Go to Student Records
3. Go to View Application to Graduate
4. Under Graduation Information, check Graduation Status.
Once you submit your application you can check the status of your application on myAccount. Emailing graduation will not provide a quicker answer.
The processing time can take up to 6 weeks from the date you apply for graduation. At the time of review, your graduation application status will be updated in myAccount and any notes regarding graduation will be in myPath.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If all of your program requirements are completed but your program/concentration/specialization is incorrect in your myAccount, please email email@example.com prior to completing your application. If you have not been declared in the correct program you wish to graduate from, you will need to complete a Program Declaration Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not be able to apply for Graduation if you have a financial hold due to an outstanding balance on your account. Please settle this before proceeding.
Learn more about paying your fees https://www.douglascollege.ca/current-students/enrolment-services/fees-and-related-information/paying-your-fees