DEVISE a Plan
Use the following tools to plan your funding for education:
- Cost of living calculator
- Budget worksheet
- Student Financial Assistance Estimator
- Program costs at Douglas College (Only programs approved for student loan/grant funding are listed on the Program Cost page. For all other programs, refer to the Tuition Fee page.)
- Dates and deadlines at Douglas College
INVESTIGATE Funding Options
Student loans are funded by the government and will need to be repaid after your study period ends. However, grants do not need to be paid back. Both the student loans and grants are provided depending on your eligibility.
- Full-time student funding
- Part-time student funding
- Adult upgrading grant
- Awards, bursaries, & scholarships
- Provincial tuition waiver program for former youth in care
APPLY for a Loan/Grant
You can apply before you are admitted to a program or registered in classes. Apply at least 2 months before the start of classes and funding is applied for one semester at a time. Loan applications are processed within six weeks.
- How to apply for a loan/grant
- Receive your funding (*new fee deferral process*)
- Appeal your assessment
- Deal with an overaward
You may be required to apply through your home province, if you have recently relocated from another province.
Students with approved student loan/grant funding qualify to defer their fee payments (*new fee deferral process*). You can cancel your application with no penalty, if you are not admitted to a program or change your mind.
MANAGE Your Loan
Stay in touch with your student loan provider and maintain proof of your ongoing studies.
- Your loan responsibilities
- Maintain interest-free status
REPAY Your Loan
Repayment of your loan will begin 6 months after your study period end date.
- Loan repayment calculator
- If you miss loan payments
- Get help with repayment