You can apply before you are admitted to a program or registered in classes. Apply at least 2 months before the start of classes and funding is applied for one semester at a time. Loan applications are processed within 6 weeks.
How to Apply for a Loan/Grant
Full-time student funding
Part-time student funding
- Bring the completed paper Part-Time Studies Application to the Financial Aid Office in person, mailed applications will not be accepted.
- You must also provide the previous year's Tax Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency showing Line 150 - Total Income
- How to apply for part-time student funding.
- Your application status will be mailed to you
Adult upgrading grant
- Bring the completed paper Adult Upgrading Grant Application to the Financial Aid Office.
- Proof of income will be required.
- You will receive an email about the status of your application.
You may be required to apply through your home province, if you have recently relocated from another province.
The deadline to apply for student loan/grant funding is 6 weeks before your study period ends, as long as you have provided all the required documentation.
You can cancel your application with no penalty, if you are not admitted to a program or change your mind.