Resources available during your studies at Douglas
We recognize that your commitment to post-secondary education is a financial undertaking.
Listed below, are your funding options offered by the Government and Douglas College. Start the application process early to avoid missing deadlines. We are here to help you meet your financial needs.
Funding your studies
There are many ways for you to fund your studies including employment, loans and grants from the Provincial and Federal Government and familial support.
- Learn more about loans and grants available for Douglas students
- For the 2020-2021 Academic Year, the Government of Canada will be doubling the non-repayable Canada Student Grants and will allow more students to qualify for supports and be eligible for greater amounts
Financial Support from Douglas:
Douglas College and our donors contribute to a variety of scholarships, bursaries and awards.
Scholarships are usually awarded based on merit, while bursaries ;are typically awarded based on financial need. There are also awards specifically for different types of students. Go to the links to see how you can qualify!
- Scholarships, bursaries, and awards.
- If you are between 19 and 26 and were in government care in B.C., you could qualify for grants from the province and other funding sources to help cover the costs of your education. Contact our Student Support Navigator with the application process for the Provincial Tuition Waiver Program & additional bursaries
- Funding options for Indigenous students include Band/Agency funding and Scholarships and bursaries.
Funding through your bank
Inquire about requesting a student line of credit through a bank or credit union. Talk to your bank or credit union to see if you qualify for a student line of credit or other financing options.
The key to success is Financial Planning
Financial planning will help you manage your finances and is the key to success. See our tuition fee charts for an idea of your fees at Douglas College. Program costs will give you an idea of total costs, including books, for approved loan or grant-funded programs. Costs of books may also be found on our online Bookstore.
- Refer to the Cost of living calculator
- Make use of the Budget worksheet
- See more tools that will help you plan your finances at DEVISE a Plan
Resources available during COVID-19
If you are experiencing urgent or unexpected financial need directly related to COVID-19, you may be eligible for Emergency Funding available to all Douglas students. Please review all information including qualification first. Contact a Student Success Advisor to explore all your options.