This course introduces students to the theory and practice of the operation of a sit down counterbalance lift truck. The need for the stringent safety rules that apply in relation to the operation of a lift truck is demonstrated to students. Forklift Operator’s Certificate can be obtained in this course.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory of forklift physics and forklift driving.
- Describe the Occupational Health and Safety rules and regulations around the operation of lift trucks.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate a lift truck in a safe and efficient manner.
Methods Of Instruction
- Class discussions
- Hands on driving experience
Means of Assessment
- The theory of lift truck driving and safety will be assessed by means of continuous classroom instruction, evaluation and testing.
- The practice of lift truck driving will be assessed by observing hands-on driving by the student. Observation and final evaluation will be done by a qualified lift truck trainer.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory and practice of the safe operation of a sit down counterbalance lift truck.
- Demonstrate practical competency in the operation of a sit down counterbalance lift truck.
Nil. Topic relevant material will be provided throughout the course.