To provide students with the personal and professional attributes necessary to succeed in warehousing and distribution centres. This course will concentrate on developing self-confidence, self-esteem and problem solving skills for the workplace.
- Develop self-awareness with a focus on finding the correct job match.
- Develop self-esteem and a positive attitude to career development.
- Explore effective communication as a tool for developing teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving in both personal and professional situations.
- Define anger management.
- Explore conflict resolution, with a particular focus on the work environment.
- Use assertiveness as a tool for job survival and career development.
- Develop stress and time management tools and strategies.
Methods Of Instruction
- Guest Speakers
- Role Plays
Means of Assessment
- A mastery model of ongoing evaluation will be used.
- A student will have completed the course when he/she has demonstrated through satisfactory completion of exercises and assignments that the course objectives have been achieved.
- Where formal tests are used mastery will be defined as a score of 70% or more.
- The instructor in consultation with each student will monitor progress on a regular basis.
- The student will be expected to maintain regular attendance and progress, actively participate in all activities, and complete all assignments as directed.
- At the end of the course, successful students will be able to demonstrate self-confidence, self-awareness, assertiveness, and problem solving skills.
- At the end of the course, successful students will be able to explain work place expectations.
Nil. Topic relevant material will be provided in handout form throughout the course.