This initial interview is designed to assist students in taking the necessary preparatory steps to enter the full-time WHTP program. The interview enables students to make informed decisions about entering the program and assists students to achieve success in the program. This is a required course taken by students prior to entrance into other WHTP courses.
- Meeting eligibility criteria
- interview with instructor
- reading program publicity
- demonstrating stability
- demonstrating motivation
- identifying goals
- demonstrating basic literacy and math skills
- Decision making and implementing the decision
- making decision to participate in the WHTP program
- contacting the instructor, funding agencies, or medical practitioner
- Securing funding
- identifying funding source
- applying for the best source of funding
- confirming funding and notifying appropriate persons
- Making applications
- identifying forms which need to be completed (intake, funding, registration, etc.)
- completing forms and submitting them
- provide copies of transcripts and assessments
- procedures to ensure that all steps are completed
- Following through
- communicating with appropriate people as procedures are completed
- determining appropriate steps around transportation plans, and childcare arrangements. Interview to assess ability to undertake a period of study.
Means of Assessment
A student will have completed the interview process when he/she has participated at the required level in course activities designed to meet the course objectives.
- Students will gain an understanding of the objectives and content of the WHTP program.
- Students will be able to make an informed decision and commitment to entering the program.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to deal with and benefit from the WHTP program.
- Students will take the necessary steps leading to acceptance and registration in the program.
- Students will secure funding as necessary. They will provide the necessary documentation as required.
Nil. Topic relevant material will be provided throughout the course.