- QuickTime movie importing and the Logic Pro environment
- Spotting a scene/film
- Palette of sounds and its applicability
- Tempo and pace
- Identifying mood of the musical cue, internal vs external perspectives
- Applications of harmony and orchestration to film
- Application of mixing concepts to film
- Integration into iMovie for assignment submission
- Importing/exporting audio EDL
- Cue sheet generation
The instructor will devote three hours per week to lecture/demonstration. Students will work alongside the instructor in the Technology Lab. Students will be expected to complete regular assignments and projects outside of class time. These can be done in the lab or at home.
|Regular assignments (minimum of 5)||60%|
The main objective of the course is to get students writing music to picture in a variety of different genres. Students will understand the demands of the industry as well as general concepts of music mixing and orchestration as they apply to film. Using QuickTime and audio clips, the students will learn to compose music to the video or audio clips in the Logic Pro environment. Primary instruments will be those accessible via midi and virtual instruments in Logic.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to understand and apply the following:
- Working with QuickTime movies in Logic
- Write cues in various styles for whatever is required by the genre
- Integrate sequencing and programming knowledge from other courses for the end goal of composing to picture
- Work on a deadline as required by the industry
- Prepare spotting notes and cue sheets as required in the industry
- Integration of recorded live audio
- Mixing concepts with regard to film and television
- Application of orchestration to film
- General industry procedures
No texts or materials are required. All required hardware and software for the completion of assignments and projects is available in the studio.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|