This course enables the student to acquire the necessary skills to find a job in the warehouse and distribution field and then to use successful interview techniques and job skills to get and keep the job. Students will learn how to produce a professional resume and will be shown how to use the internet to search successfully for jobs. Interviewing techniques and positive work site attitudes will be developed.
- Basic computer skills for resume and cover letter writing.
- Internet skills for the job seeker.
- Successful interviewing techniques.
- Positive work site attitudes and ethics.
Methods Of Instruction
- Instructor presentation
- Computer lab hands on practice
- Class discussion
- Video taping of mock interviews and peer evaluation
Means of Assessment
- The student must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the instructor an ability to use the computer both to produce a professional resume and to seek job opportunities by means of the internet.
- The student must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the instructor by means of mock videotaped interviews an understanding of some successful interview techniques.
- The student must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the instructor in role play an understanding of what constitutes positive work attitudes and ethics.
- The student will learn sufficient computer skills to produce a professional resume and cover letter.
- The student will learn sufficient computer skills to search the internet for job opportunities.
- The student will learn and be observed demonstrating successful interview techniques.
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of good work attitudes and ethics.
Nil. Topic relevant material will be provided in handout form throughout the course.