- Student observation of the workplace
- Mature workplace communication skills
- Time management skills
- Problem solving workplace issues
- Following instructions
- Differences between full and part-time employment
- Employment standards in the workplace
Students will be monitored at their practicum placement by faculty and staff. Feedback will be elicited from the practicum supervisor and shared with the student, verbally and in writing. Following the practicum placement the student will meet with the instructor for a thorough evaluation.
A mastery model of on-going evaluation will be used. A student will have completed the course when:
- Student has actively participated in the work practicum
- Student has demonstrated appropriate work habits
- Student has been actively involved in feedback sessions, written and verbal evaluation process
- Student has maintained regular attendance and practicum expectations from the supervisor
- To gain realistic working exposure in a retail or customer service practicum setting
- To demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills in relating to supervisor and co-workers
- To develop an awareness of the employers expectations in relation to the workplace
- To establish basic knowledge of labour information necessary to retain employment
Acceptance into CSCT program
No corequisite courses.
No equivalent courses.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|