Assessment and Intake
Customer Service & Cashier Training
Applied Community Studies
Maximum duration 1 month.
Max Class Size
Hours will vary from 10 – 20 depending on student needs.
Method Of Instruction
Methods Of Instruction
Interview/ discussion/ one-on-one instruction
This course is designed to assist adults with an employment barrier in taking the necessary preparatory steps to enter the full-time CSCT program. The course enables students to make informed decisions about entering the program and assists students to achieve success in the program. This is a required course taken by students prior to entrance into other CSCT programs.
- Meeting eligibility criteria:
- interview with instructor
- reading program publicity
- demonstrating motivation
- identifying goals
- demonstrating basic literacy and math skills
- Decision making and implementing the decision:
- making decision to participate in the CSCT program
- contacting the instructor, funding agencies or medical practitioner
- Securing funding:
- identifying funding source
- applying for the best source of funding
- confirming funding and notifying appropriate persons
- Making applications:
- identifying forms which need to be completed (intake, funding, registration, etc.)
- completing forms and submitting them
- provide copies of transcripts and assessments
- procedures to ensure that all steps are completed
- Following through
- communicating with appropriate people as procedures are completed
- determine appropriate steps around transportation plans and childcare arrangements
- Students to gain an understanding of the objectives and content of the CSCT program
- Students to make an informed decision and commitment to entering the program
- Students to demonstrate the ability to deal with and benefit from the CSCT program content
- Students to take the necessary steps leading to acceptance and registration in the program
- Students to secure funding as needed
- Students to provide documentation as needed.
Means of Assessment
A student will have completed the course when he/she has participated at the required level in course activities designed to meet the course objectives.