This course is not active. Please contact Department Chair for more information.
- Practice models
- Practice standards
- Scope of practice
- Code of ethics
- Responsibility to patient
- Responsibility to practice
- Responsibility to self
- Ethical decision-making models
- Direct Patient Care
- Coronal polish
- Application of anticariogenic agents
- Application of fissure sealants
- Application of desensitizing agents
- Application of fluoride
- Oral Pathology
- Soft tissue
- Teeth and bone
- Emergency Care Procedures
- Management of dental emergencies
- Occupational hazards
- Dental office emergency kit
- Group discussion
- Case studies
- Guest Lecturers
- Audio-visual materials
- Field experience
Course evaluation is based on course objectives, and is consistent with Douglas College Evaluation Policies. An evaluation schedule is presented to the students at the beginning of the course.
A minimum mark of 65% is required to be successful in the course.
Outlines of evaluation may be subject to change.
The learning outcomes are based on the Curriculum Guide 2001 Education of Certified Dental Assistants in British Columbia developed for the Ministry of Advanced Education, Training and Technology and the Centre for Curriculum, Transfer and Technology, February 2001.
Upon successful completion of CHDA 1214 the student will be able to:
- relate ethical conduct to practice, patient and self.
- understand assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of direct patient care procedures and responsibilities of a Level II Certified Dental Assistant.
- recognize and describe common oral pathology.
- describe the responsibilities of a Level II Certified Dental Assistant in emergency situations.
A list of required and optional textbooks and materials is provided for students at the beginning of each semester.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|