This course is not active. Please contact Department Chair for more information.
- Reference Systems
- Directions and body planes
- Dental terms
- Cranial bones, facial bones and sinuses
- Cranial bones
- Facial bones
- Terminology of boney landmarks
- Temporomandibular Joint
- Anesthetic Techniques
- Maxillary injection techniques
- Mandibular injection techniques
- Soft Tissue Landmarks
- Intra-oral landmarks
- Normal gingival tissue
- Structures of face and oral cavity
- Salivary Glands
- Muscles of mastication
- Muscles of facial expression
- Muscles of the tongue
- Tooth tissues
- Tooth morphology
- Eruption patterns
- Group discussion
- Audio-visual materials
- Computer-assisted instruction
Course evaluation is based on course objectives, and is consistent with Douglas College Evaluation Policies. An evaluation schedule is presented to the student at the beginning of the course.
A minimum mark of 65% is required to be successful in the course.
Outlines of evaluation may be subject to change.
The learning outcomes are based on the Curriculum Guide 2001 Education of Certified Dental Assistants in British Columbia developed for the Ministry of Advanced Education, Training and Technology and the Centre for Curriculum, Transfer and Technology, February 2001
Upon successful completion of CHDA 1109 the student will be able to:
- use standard anatomical reference systems/terms and dental reference systems/terms.
- identify and describe cranial bones, facial bones and sinuses.
- identify and describe the temporomandibular joint (T.M.J.).
- describe techniques of regional anesthesia used in dentistry.
- describe and identify soft tissue landmarks of the oral cavity.
- describe the muscles of the head and neck.
- describe and identify the dentition.
A list of required and optional textbooks and materials is provided for students at the beginning of each semester.
No prerequisite courses.
No corequisite courses.
No equivalent courses.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|