Evaluation will take place in accordance with the Douglas College Evaluation Policy. A mastery model of on going evaluation will be used. A student will have completed the course when they have demonstrated through satisfactory completion of exercises and assignments that the course objectives have been achieved. Where formal tests are used mastery will be defined as a score of 80% or more.
Progress will be monitored on a regular basis by the instructor in consultation with each student. The student will be expected to maintain regular attendance in accordance with CFCS attendance policy and demonstrate progress, participate in classroom activities, and complete assignments as directed.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will be able to:
1. Identify personal learning strategies.
2. Describe personal attributes, strengths and challenges.
3. Develop awareness of vocation strengths and challenges.
4. Set learning goals, and review and discuss progress.
5. Identify common stressors and strategies for stress management.
6. Develop personal coping strategies to deal with change.
7. Identify ways to build self-esteem.
8. Understand the responsibility of asking for assistance on the job.
9. Identify personal values and how they apply to job satisfaction.
10. Identify personal-based and social based resources, including family and friend relationships and spiritual supports.
11. Identify ways of demonstrating initiative on the job.
12. Demonstrate problem-solving strategies.
13. Demonstrate a greater understanding of health and/or disability.
14. Set goals in area of health management eg. nutrition, fitness, stress management, leisure.
Textbooks and Materials to be Purchased by Students:
Topic-relevant material will be provided in handout form throughout the course.
Course Guidelines for previous years are viewable by selecting the version desired. If you took this course and do not see a listing for the starting semester / year of the course, consider the previous version as the applicable version.
|Institution||Transfer Details||Effective Dates|
|There are no applicable transfer credits for this course.|