Here are our bookable venues and their maximum capacity:
- **NW Upper Cafeteria (315)
- **NW Lower Cafeteria/Grill (130)
- NW Aboriginal Gathering Room (59)
- **NW Concourse (dependent on your event)
- Laura C. Muir Performing Arts Theatre (350)
- NW Gym (800)
- **DLC Atrium (220)
- Classrooms (20-60)
- Lecture Theatres (80-150)
**These facilities are available for College sponsored events only.**
Before you book your location, there are a few questions worth considering:
- Which venues are available on the dates and times you need?
- How many people will be attending and what is the seating capacity?
Do you need a sound system or other audio/visual support and is there a fee to use it?
- Can the location accommodate the equipment you need?
- Are there any contractual requirements that need to be met? (Example: a donor wants to have their event in the classroom they are naming.)
- Can you serve food and alcohol?
- Will you be encroaching on space used by students?
- Will the noise from your event impact classes?
- If the event is outside will you be able to move to an inside location if the weather changes?
- Can the room accommodate persons with disabilities?
- Is parking available for guests?
When setting up your space, figure out:
- How should the room be configured?
- If you have a stage can the entire audience see it from their seat?
- Is there a podium?
- What space is available for catering?
- If you have a table for food, can it be located to ensure the greatest amount of traffic flow?
- Is there space for your guests to mingle and talk to each other?
- Do you need a reception table or table for other things such as silent auctions?
- Is there enough space between the chairs? (This can be a concern if the event is a dinner and guests need room to get up from the table.)
- Will you need to decorate the room with plants, flowers, a stage backdrop or lighting?
- Are keys needed or will the room be unlocked?